KET is Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization.
We’re an innovative producer of digital education tools for the classroom and Kentucky’s highest-quality source for public affairs and arts programming – on television and digital platforms.
KET serves every Kentuckian through local and national programs about current events, public policy, education, and health. With arts, science, history, and culture programming, we take you to exciting places around the world, and help you experience “front row seats” at great, memorable performances.
Reaching 5.5 million people via broadcast, KET is the largest public broadcasting network in the country, spanning the entire commonwealth and reaching into seven surrounding states through 16 transmitters.
We offer opportunities for people everywhere to keep learning throughout their lives. Every child and adult, regardless of background, place of residence or economic status, can access quality education and opportunity through KET.
Three Television Channels Broadcasting 24/7
- KET— High-definition KET and PBS programming
- KET2 — How-to and lifestyle programs, PBS encores
- KET KY— Dedicated to Kentucky issues, heritage, history, and culture
KET.org is home to the largest collection of videos about Kentucky, PBS videos, engaging articles, and our vast library of digital learning resources for students and teachers.
Kentucky’s Largest Classroom
As Kentucky’s largest and most-efficient classroom, KET is an innovative producer of digital education tools. We’re a trusted guide for young children that helps open their eyes to the big and beautiful world around them.
- Certified training for child-care providers
- Teacher and parent resources: Art to Heart, Everyday Science, More Than Child’s Play
- High-quality children’s educational programs from KET and PBS Kids
- KET EncycloMedia, Kentucky’s premier digital instructional resource, including PBS LearningMedia, KET ED On Demand, and Discovery Education
- Distance Learning interactive high-school courses in humanities, AP Latin, German, AP physics, and Chinese
- Instructional programming in history, health, social studies, STEM, and Kentucky history
- Online field trips to a wide range of Kentucky sites
- Arts Toolkits in dance, music, drama, and the visual arts
- Education consultants statewide to help teachers use educational media resources
- Online teacher professional development courses
- GED Connection study at home program
- Fast Forward lifelong learning on demand, including Workplace Essential Skills, Pre-GED Connection, and TV411, for practical reading, writing, and math skills featured in lessons on parenting, money matters, and health