Dance Traditions: Three Irish Dances
Description:Dancers with the Carrigdhoun Comhaltas perform examples of three different Irish dances: a polka (Balleydesmond, 00:01:36), a jig (Jenny Lind, 00:02:43), and a reel (Drowsy Maggie and Cooleys, 00:02:23).
- Show in conjunction with DanceSense Program 3, Dance in America, and/or Program 10, Tap and Percussive Dance.
- Show in conjunction with the Kentucky Clogging segment and tap segment Jamaica Funk from the Dance Performances video/DVD to compare a variety of percussive dances.
- As part of a study of Irish culture.
- Compare with African dances and analyze what tap borrows from African tradition.
For more information:
(These links may leave the Arts Toolkit.)
See the History and Styles section of the Dance Arts Toolkit binder.
- See the teachers guide in the History and Styles section of the Dance Arts Toolkit binder.
- downloadable teachers guide
- description and broadcast schedule