Dance Styles: Dance Vocabulary/Basic Positions
Description:Dancers from Fayette Countys School for the Creative and Performing Arts (SCAPA) demonstrate the basic positions of ballet, modern, and jazz dance, with commentary by Rayma Beal of the University of Kentucky.
- To build your own knowledge of ballet, modern, and jazz dance.
- To introduce students to the differences among these three styles.
- Show in conjunction with DanceSense Programs 7 (Ballet), 8 (Modern Dance), and 9 (Jazz Dance).
- Show in conjunction with ballet, modern, and jazz performances from the Dance Performances video/DVD.
- As background to have students try the dance positions shown for each style.
For more information:
(These links may leave the Arts Toolkit.)
See the History and Styles section of the Dance Arts Toolkit binder.
For more about the Exploring Our World Through the Arts seminar series, e-mail email@example.com.