Description:A circle dance of Danish origin, Seven Jumps is an excellent dance for teaching rhythm, motor control, and simple body part identification. The dance takes students through a building sequence of seven body movements. In the video segment, instructor Jennifer Rose Escobar of Berea explains how she learned the game, then dances it with a group of primary students.
- Watch the video for ideas on how to teach this traditional dance to your students.
- Show the video to students to help them learn the dance or understand the cultural significance of the dance.
- Show this segment with other circle dances from the toolkit (Punchinella, Ciranda, and Little Johnny Brown) and ask students to compare the dances.
- Show to compare dances of diverse cultures.
For more information:
(These links may leave the Arts Toolkit.)
- See the Dance and Culture section of the Dance Arts Toolkit binder.
- Download music for this dance.