West African Dance: Choreography
Description:Harlina Churn-Diallo reviews the four basic movements shown in the excerpt The Connection Between Music and Movement and guides dancers in combining the movements into a dance.
- Watch to build your own knowledge and understanding of African dance and influence, or for ideas on how to teach the dance movements to your students.
- Show to demonstrate and guide movement activities with students.
- Show to guide students in choreographing their own dances using the four movements.
- Show to accompany social studies activities relating to African culture.
- Show with other African dance performances in the toolkit to compare and contrast.
- Show with Afro-Cuban dance excerpts to compare and contrast.
For more information:
(These links may leave the Arts Toolkit.)
See the Dance and Culture section of the Dance Arts Toolkit binder.
About The Arts II: West African Dance: