West African Dance: The Connection Between Music and Movement
Description:Harlina Churn-Diallo demonstrates and teaches four basic movements of African dance. A group of dancers practices and demonstrates the moves.
- Watch to build your own knowledge and understanding of African dance and influence, or for ideas on how to teach the dance movements to your students.
- Show to students to demonstrate and guide movement activities.
- Show to demonstrate isolation of body parts.
- Show to accompany social studies activities relating to African culture.
- Show with other African dance performances in the toolkit to compare and contrast.
- Show with Afro-Cuban dance excerpts to compare and contrast.
For more information:
(These links may leave the Arts Toolkit.)
See the Dance and Culture section of the Dance Arts Toolkit binder.
About The Arts II: West African Dance: