The KET web site includes many more arts resources in addition to those in the Arts Toolkit. Here are some dance-related pages.
General Arts Resources
Arts Home Page
Check daily for highlights from the KET broadcast schedule, arts picks for teachers, and access to KET arts productions and web sites.
- Arts Broadcasts
Schedule of upcoming arts-related performances, biographies, and documentaries on KET.
- Arts and Culture Links
Links to Kentucky and regional arts resources, including dance performance companies.
- Kentucky Dance Events Calendar
Dance-Related Web Sites
- The Secret Commonwealth: The Road
This online teacher's guide accompanied the full performance of “The Road,” part of the Secret Commonwealth dance opera composed by Somerset native Dan Dutton. It includes the story behind “Lucky Day,” a segment on the Dance Performances DVD, as well as some classroom ideas.
- Electronic Field Trip to the Kentucky Center
The complete electronic field trip, which includes interviews and backstage visits with dancers from the Louisville Ballet, is included in the Drama Arts Toolkit.
These teacher's guides may be downloaded in PDF format:
- Dancing Threads: Community Dances from Africa to Zuni
- Arts Express: Part I: Programs 101-110 (Arts as Communication; includes dance) and Part II: Programs 111-120 (Program 119 is about dance)
Other KET ITV programs with dance content:
- ¡Arte y Más!
This Spanish immersion series for the primary grades uses the Kentucky Core Content in the arts and humanities as its subject matter.
- Electronic Field Trip to the Mountain Homeplace
The Mountain Homeplace is an interpretive working farm in Paintsville where reenactors demonstrate what rural life was like from 1850 to 1875. The field trip includes students doing a mountain folk dance.
Additional instructional resources:
- School Video Resources Catalog
- Professional Development Programs
- Distance Learning: Humanities
- KET EncycloMedia