Dramatic Interpretation of Literature: The Tell-Tale Heart
Description:Actor Kevin Hardesty reads a brief passage from the Edgar Allan Poe story “The Tell-Tale Heart.” The text is shown onscreen alongside his performance.
- Show in conjunction with reading “The Tell-Tale Heart” or another work by Poe.
- Show and analyze in terms of the elements of drama. How does the actor convey the character, the action, and the mood of this story? Have students close their eyes and listen to the soliloquy. How effective is the actor’s voice alone?
- Show as an example of a soliloquy.
- Show along with the other toolkit segment featuring Hardesty as Hamlet and compare the actor’s performances.
- Have each student choose a favorite passage from a work of literature and give a dramatic reading for the class.
For more information:
(These links may leave the Arts Toolkit.)
About GED Connection: