Electronic Field Trip to the Kentucky Opera
Description:This KET electronic field trip takes students on a cultural adventure to Louisville, where they go behind the scenes at a professional opera company. Students will meet various members of the production team and watch as the company prepares for a production of the contemporary opera Susannah. Composer Carlisle Floyd gives some background on the story and talks about the process of getting his work from sheet music to the stage. The program also includes a peek at a scene from Die Fledermaus and the props, costumes, and other production aspects of this classic by Johann Strauss.
- to explore elements of production and elements of performance
- as an introduction to careers in opera
- to compare/contrast the production and performance elements in two very different operas
For more information:
(These links may leave the Arts Toolkit.)
About Electronic Field Trip to the Kentucky Opera:
- program web site, with additional classroom resources
- broadcast schedule
- To order video: Call or e-mail KET Tape Duplication, (800) 945-9167.