Art to Heart
In the Program
- Teacher Martha Glaze Zook of Philadelphia’s Settlement Music School explains how music benefits development and why it is important for young children to sing.
Classroom ideas »
- Educators and musicians explain the benefits of music for young children.
Key points »
- Parents Kendra Atkisson and John Ferguson sing and make music at home with their baby, Violet.
Ideas for music at home »
- Teaching artist Victor Cockburn teaches songwriting to students at the Powder House Community School in Massachusetts.
Songwriting with young children »
- Inner-city children in Louisville learn violin from professional musician Keith Cook, following the Suzuki method.
More about music education »