In the Program
- A dancer from the Center of Creative Arts teaches 1st graders at Adams Elementary in St. Louis the Jansa, a traditional dance from Mali.
About community arts partnerships »
- Educators discuss the benefits of dance and movement activities.
Key points »
- New Hampshire movement specialist Rae Pica teaches basic movement to a group of preschoolers.
More about movement basics »
- Parents and toddlers have fun together at the Music and Motion class at the Center of Creative Arts in St. Louis.
Movement and lap games »
- “Ballet Babies” learn the stories of classical ballets and begin to explore the basic movements of the style.
More about ballet »
- Educator and parent Jennifer Rose discusses traditional dance as a community activity for all ages.
Ideas for parents »
- Youngsters learn the Mexican Hat Dance and explore creative movement at Philadelphia’s Settlement Music School.
More about cultural dance »
- Audra White gives inner-city youngsters in Louisville a variety of movement experiences, from walking with self-confidence to modern dance.
More about modern dance »