>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> Download the State Application (Word doc)
The Commonwealth Fund for KET, the fundraising arm of Kentucky Educational Television, has the following job opening at its Network Center in Lexington, Ky.:
Corporate Development Officer
President, Commonwealth Fund for KET
Plan and implement all aspects of an integrated fundraising program designed to secure and grow on-air and community sponsorships that advance KET’s mission.
- Understand KET’s mission, impact, needs, and vision in order to communicate/ articulate a case for support.
- Track and meet monthly and annual revenue goals and expense budgets. Monthly contact and progress reports expected. Accountability based on fundraising achievement.
- Responsible for continuous strategic planning to add new, rejoin, renew, and upgrade partners, with an emphasis on regional, state, and national companies, foundations, non-profits, government entities, and advertising agencies.
- Balance and/or package multiple funding opportunities that serve both the donor’s and KET’s interests: on-air, event, and education sponsorships, grants, and capital campaigns.
- Using all available resources, gather and research leads to identify viable donor prospects with the interests, giving capacity and relationships that align with KET.
- Strengthen partner relationships from initiating cold calls, cultivation, solicitation, closing the gift to stewardship.
- Expectations include a specified number of face-to-face appointments, contacts, and follow-up.
- In collaboration with other Commonwealth Fund team members, manage network of personal contacts, a designated portfolio of current partners and prospects, and portfolios for leadership.
- Write, design, and present funding proposals using available resources and multiple platforms.
- Ensure records of contacts, acknowledgments, and research are up-to-date in database and file systems.
- Support three Commonwealth Fund boards of directors in solicitations and other board initiatives.
- In addition to securing sponsorships, manage all aspects of specified events or assist as needed.
- Refine sponsorship benefits and work with KET staff to ensure appropriated donor recognition on all platforms. Assist with on-air production and traffic processes.
- Engage and manage volunteers as needed.
- Working closely with KET staff, help reinforce a culture of philanthropy to advance the common goals of the Fund and KET.
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate for KET’s programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meet annual financial goals
- Meet specified number of contacts, visits, and solicitations
- Maintain up-to-date record of activity and research
- Work products are completed accurately and by deadline
- Maintain positive and collaborative working relationship with Commonwealth Fund and KET staff and boards
- Demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts, grants, and sponsorships
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and database management skills
- Self-supporting administrative, marketing, and office skills
- Travel and extended work hours expected
- Primary job site: Lexington, Ky.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and qualifications, plus a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, media sales, or a related field
- Salary commensurate with qualifications; non-commissionable
Please send state application, cover letter, resume, and writing samples to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position open until filled.