>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> State Application Word doc to download
The Commonwealth Fund for KET, the fundraising unit of Kentucky Educational Television, has the following job opening based in Louisville, Ky.:
President, Commonwealth Fund for KET
Plan and manage all aspects of a comprehensive major gifts development program designed to secure and grow individual, corporate and foundation support in the Louisville region for KET programs, services, and campaigns. Includes building and strengthening relationships, and advancing KET’s mission.
- Understand KET’s strategic vision in order to align needs with major gift funding opportunities (all private sources), and to articulate a case for support.
- Track and meet monthly and annual revenue goals and expense budgets. Responsible for continuous strategic planning and monthly contact and progress reports. Accountability to be based on fundraising achievement.
- With a position emphasis on securing new funds, use all available resources to research private revenue sources and their values, giving priorities and relationship histories to identify viable donor prospects.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships to secure new annual funds of $1200+ for the Fund for Excellence, media and event sponsorships; major gifts for endowment campaigns; grants for education, outreach, productions, and technology; and planned gifts.
- In collaboration with other Commonwealth Fund for KET staff, manage an assigned portfolio of current and/or lapsed donors to renew, rejoin, or upgrade their support, and move them through the giving pipeline.
- Plan, execute, and track a moves management system including a specified number of face-to-face visits, contacts, follow-up, and other cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Ensure records of contacts, acknowledgments, and research are up-to-date in database and file systems.
- Write direct mail, grants, and other major gift funding proposals for individual, corporate, and foundation solicitations.
- Expand planned giving program. Involves knowledge of bequests, annuities, trusts, and other life income gifts; working with financial advisors; and marketing the program.
- Plan and manage major donor fundraising and cultivation events in the Louisville region, including sponsorship solicitations. Support other Commonwealth Fund and KET events as needed.
- Serve as an official representative and ambassador for KET to engage with the greater Louisville community and advocate for KET’s programs and services.
- Assist the Louisville Regional Fund Board in their efforts to raise awareness and secure funds from the greater Louisville area.
- Support the Commonwealth Fund Board of Directors in major gift solicitations and other board initiatives.
- Refine major gift donor benefits and work with KET staff to ensure appropriated donor recognition on all platforms; assist with on-air traffic processes as needed.
- Develop routine marketing materials to reinforce KET’s mission and impact to potential funders; work with Marketing Department on branded collateral.
- Regularly communicate and coordinate contacts and best practices with the entire Fund team. Attendance at weekly Fund staff meetings expected.
- Working closely with KET staff, help reinforce a culture of philanthropy to advance the common goals of the Fund and KET.
- Involve and manage volunteers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meet annual financial goals
- Meet specified number of contacts, visits, and solicitations
- Maintain up-to-date record of activity and research
- Work products are completed accurately and by deadline
- Maintain positive and collaborative working relationship with Commonwealth Fund and KET staff and boards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts, grants, and sponsorships
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and database management skills
- Self-supporting administrative, marketing, and office skills
- Travel and extended work hours expected
- Primary job site: Louisville, Ky.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and qualifications, plus a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, sales or a related field
Please send state application, cover letter, resume and writing samples to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position open until filled.