Kentucky Educational Television has the following full-time job opening at the KET Network Center in Lexington, Ky.:
Senior Director of Programming and Broadcast Content
- Draft monthly program schedule grid and develop and maintain annual broadcast calendar.
- Screen program submissions and provide assessments and critiques.
- Ensure KET public files relating to programming issues are current, complete, and in compliance.
- Monitor local programs and underwriting messages to assure FCC and KET compliance.
- Work closely with Communications and Marketing to ensure that interstitial elements are timely, relevant, and appropriately scheduled.
- Analyze audience research and write viewership reports.
- Supervise the Program Operations Staff and be the primary back-up for the Traffic and Scheduling Manager.
- Explore and develop ways to utilize archival materials more efficiently, including the fulfillment of stock footage requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of television programming experience, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and production experience is required.
Experience with PBS Programming standards, FCC on-air rules and regulations, and ratings analysis is desired. Public broadcasting experience is highly preferred.
Experience working in a management environment with professional communications and strong interpersonal skills including external communications is required.
Must be organized and able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail and deadlines, as well as the ability to expeditiously handle a variety of matters, requests, and queries.
Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel required. Proficiency in ProTrack desired.
A professional appearance and demeanor are required at all times.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.