>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> Download the State Application (Word doc)
Kentucky Educational Television has the following part-time contract job opening at the KET Network Center in Lexington, Ky.:
TV Broadcast Equipment Operator (contract, part-time, about 20 hrs. per week)
Broadcast Operations Manager
Operation and monitoring of digital television broadcasting equipment. Duties include satellite feeds recording, studio feeds recording, content ingest and preparation for on-air broadcasting and distribution, and master control operation and monitoring to ensure compliance with the FCC.
- Record satellite and studio feeds, while monitoring and assuring that the signals meet with good broadcast engineering practices and FCC standards.
- Ingest and prepare content for over the air broadcasting or distribution by IT platforms from the network operations center.
- Monitor and preview programming playlists to ensure that all assets are ready for broadcast as scheduled.
- Manage on-air logs, automation playlists and server-based computer systems in a multi-channel digital television network operations center.
- Prepare discrepancy reports regarding scheduling, traffic, and on-air irregularities, ensuring closed captioning is accurate and broadcast maintains FCC requirements.
- Operate digital television content recording and playback systems to support studio productions and monitoring of DTV transmitters and towers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
High school diploma or GED with 2 years of experience in the operation of digital television broadcast equipment.
Cover letter and resume to be sent to Solicitation/Contract Employment, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to email@example.com, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.