Vian Sora, visual artist
Born in Baghdad, Iraq, artist Vian Sora now lives and works in the United States, — right here in Louisville.
In this segment, Louisville Life learns about Ms. Sora's emotional and artistic journey in the wake of war and cultural upheaval.
Ms. Sora has a bachelorís degree in computer science from Al Mansour University, Baghdad.
In 2000 she became a member of Iraqi Artists Fine Art Society. She has also studied and worked with printmaking at the Istanbul Museum of Graphic Art (IMOGA) in Turkey.
Ms. Sora's work is included in the following collections:
- Baghdad Fine Art Center
- Al sabah family private collection, Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Maktoum family private collection, Dubai, UAE
- Grundfos preeminent collections in Copenhagen and Istanbul.
- AKbank, Istanbul
- French Cultural Center, Baghdad
- Japanese Cultural Center, Ankara, Turkey
- Italian, French and Turkish embassies in Baghdad
- Program 513
- Former newswoman Jackie Hays, the historical Iroquois Amphitheater and more, in this "Louisville Life" program. (#513)