Claudia Peralta-Mudd is a native of Buenos Aires, Argentina who became a United States citizen in 1997.
She joined the Louisville Metro Office for International Affairs in January 2000 as an International Program Specialist with emphasis in social services, education and advocacy. She has traveled extensively in South America and Europe. Today, she and her husband Louisville native, Tommie Mudd, share ownership of Caffe Classico, a European style coffee shop and café on Frankfort Avenue in Louisville. Claudia is a fluent speaker of Italian, Spanish and English. She has been closely involved with the international community in Louisville. She has a bachelor's degree in education from Argentina and a master’s degree in social work from the Raymond Kent School of Social Work at the University of Louisville.
With an untiring passion and devotion to the international community, Peralta-Mudd serves on various boards and volunteer groups. She was president of the Hispanic/ Latino Coalition of Louisville from 2001 to 2003. She also was executive producer of “Amigos en Louisville,” a local access television program providing information and services to the Latin-American community.
She has extensive training as a legal and medical interpreter and played a key role in the creation of the Community Language Bank. She is well known for her expertise in the area of language access and Title VI compliance.
Claudia Peralta-Mudd has been proclaimed one of the “50 People to Watch” by Louisville Magazine in 2003, was voted one of the “25 Most Influential Latinos in Louisville, Ky” in 2005, and was honored in 2007 with the MOSAIC Award (Multicultural Opportunities for Success and Achievement In our Community) by Jewish Family & Vocational Service. Late in 2007, she was selected as one of Actors Theatre of Louisville's "Women of Spunk."
A lover of adopted-hometown, she believes that the city of Louisville is rapidly becoming an outstanding place for all races and ethnicities to grow and prosper.
Some of Claudia's board and community involvement include:
- Hispanic/Latino Coalition, Louisville, KY, Chair.
- Center for Women and Families, Louisville, KY, Board Member.
- World Communities of Louisville, KY, President.
- Focus Louisville.
- Leadership Louisville.
- Success by Six, Metro United Way, Louisville, KY, Board Member.
- American Lung Association of Kentucky, Board Member.
- Hispanic/Latino Business Council of Greater Louisville Inc., Board Member.
- Kentucky Translators and Interpreters Association, Co-Founder.
- Sister Cities of Louisville, La Plata Committee, Co-Chair.
- Program 210
- Louisville Life visits Ireland, the Americana Community Center, and Chef Peng Looi's restaurants August Moon and Asiatique. Guest is Claudia Peralta-Mudd, international program specialist with Louisville Metro Goverment and local entrepreneur. (#210)