Roger Dane Quintet
The newly formed Roger Dane Quintet is a versatile mainstream jazz band that plays a range of traditional styles, with an emphasis on swing, be-bop, funk, and contemporary. The members:
- Roger Dane, trumpet, piano, arranger—A retired teacher, Roger is also the leader of the Roger Dane Jazz Orchestra and the WHAS Crusade Band. He has played with Aretha Franklin, Manhattan Transfer, Lou Rawls, Johnny Mathis, the Louisville Orchestra, and many others.
- Dave Clark, alto sax—Dave is a private teacher and a member of the Roger Dane Jazz Orchestra, the Jazz Prophets, and the Jerry Tolson group.
- Todd Hildreth, piano—A member of the Roger Dane Jazz Orchestra and the Ron Jones Quartet, Todd also leads the Java Men.
- Sonny Stephens, bass—Sonny is a member of the Ron Jones Quartet, Walker & Kays, and many other groups.
- Darryel Cotton, drums—A featured drummer at Derby Dinner Playhouse, Darryel also freelances with many jazz and commercial groups.
The Roger Dane Quintet is featured at Louisville’s Comedy Caravan on the first, second, and fourth Mondays of each month (the third Monday is reserved for the Jazz
Orchestra) from 7:30 to 10:30 pm.
- Program 426
The jazz sounds of the Roger Dane Quintet, a demonstration of the art of stained glass from Bonnie Skees, and Walden Theatre Artistic Director Charlie Sexton. (#426)
- Program 445
The jazz sounds of the Roger Dane Quintet, a demonstration of the art of stained glass from Bonnie Skees, and Walden Theatre Artistic Director Charlie Sexton. (#445)