About News Quiz
KET’s Weekly Current Events Program for Grades 4-8
News Quiz is KET’s weekly 15-minute current events television program for upper elementary/middle school students. The program consists of news segments, a current events quiz, “Letters to News Quiz,” and periodic “News Kids” features which may include reports submitted by students.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send letters to:
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
Download the teacher’s guide now if you already have Acrobat Reader, or check our about Adobe Acrobat Reader page for information on obtaining the software.
Instructional Objectives of News Quiz
- To stimulate classroom discussion of current events.
- To encourage opportunities for relevant writing assignments through the “Letters to News Quiz” and “News Kids” segments.
- To encourage students to form and express opinions on important issues.
- To encourage comprehension and use of new vocabulary.
- To introduce students to geographic locations associated with major news stories.
- To encourage students to inform themselves about current events by reading the newspaper and watching television newscasts regularly.
News Quiz Staff
The News Quiz staff at KET is pleased to bring you the current events of the week. We know that without the kids, there is no News Quiz!
- Missy Johnston, Host
- , Producer/Director
- , Writer
- , Education Adviser
News Quiz Broadcast Schedule:
(R) = Repeat
||2:00/1:00 pm CT (Live)
||5:00/4:00 am CT (R)
|2:00/1:00 pm CT (R)
||1:00/12:00 am CT (R)