How To Use the Lending Library
Through the Lending Library, Kentucky early childhood professionals can obtain videotapes of child care programs through their local libraries, then watch those programs and complete corresponding coursework to earn credits toward state licensing requirements. To earn credits, you will still need to register for the programs you want to use and pay the registration fee. The tape loan is free of charge as long as you return the tapes to the library on time.
It will take about 10 days to receive videotapes you request from your library. So you should plan to send your registration form to KET at the same time you request the tapes.
Limited quantities of some programs may cause delays in receiving the videos. You will have approximately 28 days after you receive the programs to view them before they are due back to the library.
Here’s how to make a Lending Library request:
- Ask your local public library to check on the availability of the videos you want to view. You will need the title listed on the Lending Library Programs page.
- Ask your librarian to submit the “Ask a Librarian, Public Library Visual Materials Request” form. This is an interlibrary loan request. Your librarian will send it to the Department for Libraries and Archives in Frankfort, where the videos are archived.
- Fill out the Lending Library section of the registration form and mail it with your registration fees to KET. We will send you the coursework you will need to complete in order to earn credit for viewing the program.
- Your library will call you when the videos are available to be picked up.
- View the program(s), return your completed coursework to KET to obtain your continuing education credit, and return the videos to your local library.