GED® and Adult Education Resources
for Kentucky Teachers
See information about KET's GED Connection Study at Home program for Kentucky Adults
- Adult Ed instruction and professional development
New online resources for adult ed instruction and professional development are free and available via PBS LearningMedia.
View this pdf with with links to a full listing of the materials.
- Partnership program KYAE KET Partnership for Enrollment
Students can be dually enrolled in both programs and receive workbooks for personal use. Downloadable documents:
Student registration form (.pdf)
Student information flyer (.pdf)
Learning Center Process Sheet (.pdf)
Voucher Request Form (.pdf)
- KET Adult Education Products
More information on all adult education products can be found at ketadultlearning.org. Visit the store to place an order in Kentucky or see Kentucky prices.
- FastForward Videostreaming
All KET adult education programs (GED® and Pre-GED Connection, Workplace Essential Skills and TV411) are available free, on demand through Internet videostreaming for Kentucky students. Download a printable table tent to remind students that these programs are an available resource.
- GED® Geometry PD Online Course: Review and build your skills and knowledge of geometry concepts, including measurement; lines, angles, and triangles; perimeter, area, and volume; and the coordinate plane. This course, available on Teachers’ Domain, will also help you prepare your learners for the GED® mathematics test.
See the course.
- Teaching Strategies: Several video collections in Teachers’ Domain let you watch real adult education teachers in actual classroom settings. You will find effective techniques for teaching reading and math, promoting group discussion, encouraging critical thinking, and managing the classroom environment. Look at the following collections on Teachers’ Domain - Teaching Strategies; Reading Instructional Strategies; Math Instructional Strategies: Number Operations and Geometry.
- Guide to Common Core Standards: Kentucky Adult Education This Teachers’ Domain collection includes video segments of adult education instructors exploring the common core standards. Led by adult education trainer Dawn Hanzel, instructors work together in a learning community to explore the language of the standards. They also learn how to identify the most effective resources for standards-based instruction.
See the collection.
- GED® Test Info: Guidance for teaching math, problem solving, graphic literacy, essay writing, and critical thinking skills, plus tips about the bubble-in grids and other answer formats on the GED® 2002 series of tests. See the GED® Test Info site.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education® and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the American Council on Education.