Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I enroll?

    Enroll now for our new FastForward online study course. You will need a debit or credit card for the $65 enrollment fee.
  • Do I have to have Internet access to enroll?

    Yes, the courses are online and will have to be accessed through the Internet.
  • How long do I need to study before I take the GED® test?

    This depends on the strength of your skills and how much time you are able to dedicate to your studies. Every person is at a different skill level. You will take an assessment when you enroll to get an idea of your current skills and how much study you will need.
  • When can I start my studies?

    You may enroll and begin your studies anytime after January 8, 2014.
  • Is the GED® diploma accepted by colleges, technical schools, and employers?

    Yes, the GED® diploma is accepted by more than 97% of schools and employers.
  • Is there financial aid available for this enrollment program?

    Not from KET, but check with local community agencies or public assistance programs.
  • I have paid for GED® diploma or high school diploma programs in the past and then found out they were fake. How do I know this one leads me to a real GED® diploma?

    KET offers nationally approved study materials and programming for your preparation. These materials were developed in cooperation with the national GED Testing Service® in Washington, D.C. The GED® test you will take at the end of your studies is offered only at official testing GED® testing centers in Kentucky, and passing the test gives you a legitimate GED® diploma.
  • If I finish the courses, will I automatically get at high school equivalency diploma?

    No. Completion of KET courses does not guarantee a passing score on the GED®, TASC, or HiSET® tests or granting of a certificate or credential.
  • Where do I take the GED® test in my area?

    All the official GED® diploma Testing Centers in Kentucky can be found here:
  • Can the GED® diploma tests be taken online or at home?

    The official GED® test is only offered at official Pearson VUE testing centers.
  • How can I get a copy of my GED® diploma or my GED® test scores?

    Contact Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE) 502-573-5114 or go online at to request a copy.
  • I think my skills are not strong enough for GED® level study. What can I do?

    Please call us at 1-800-538-4433 and we can discuss your skills and Pre-GED® study options.