Frequently Asked Questions about KET's GED® Study at Home Program
- If I call 1-800-228-3382 to join the Study at Home program, how long before I get an enrollment packet?
Your enrollment packet will be mailed either that day or the next business day.
- Exactly what do I get for my $50 enrollment fee?
- A pretest to determine what you need to study
- A set of GED Connection workbooks for lessons after each instructional video program, which can be viewed on air or online
- A broadcast schedule of the GED Connection programs airing on KET
- Online access to the GED Connection videos through video streaming
- A GED® diploma practice test to determine if you are ready for the GED® diploma tests
- Helpful mailings and calls to make sure you are on track
- A toll-free phone number to call to help you with questions and concerns
- All postage for mailings and study materials
- A GED® diploma test fee voucher to pay $60 of your GED® diploma test fee at an official testing center
- Do I have to have Internet access to participate in KET's Study at Home program?
No, the GED Connection programs are broadcast on the KET and KET2 television channels. These are the same programs video-streamed on the Internet. You will, however, need access to the Internet to register for the GED® diploma tests.
- How long do I need to study before I take the GED® diploma tests?
This depends on the strength of your skills and how much time you are able to dedicate to your studies. Every person is different and has a different time line. It could range from a couple of months to 6 months or more. We can discuss this when you call us.
- Can I enroll with KET and at an Adult Learning Center at the same time?
Yes, KET and the Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE) adult learning centers have a partnership program that allows you to enroll at your local learning center and get study materials from KET. You can study at home and at the learning center. This dual program is the same fee as independent enrollment and includes GED Connection workbooks and a voucher for the GED® diploma tests fee. Contact your local learning center to get started in the partnership program. Here are the contacts for all Kentucky adult learning centers: http://www.kyvae.org/countycontacts.aspx
- When can I start my studies?
As soon as you complete your pretest and receive your workbooks, you can begin to study. If you will be watching the GED Connection programs on the KET television channels, you would begin studies on the "start dates" denoted on the broadcast schedule we send to you. If you are watching them via video-streaming on the internet, you can begin right away.
- Where are the GED Connection programs on the internet?
Go to www.fastforwardky.com to register. You can watch at any time and repeat programs if you need to.
- When do the GED Connection programs air on KET?
Click here for a complete schedule.
- Is the GED® diploma accepted by colleges, technical schools, and employers?
Yes, the GED® diploma is accepted by over 99% of schools and employers.
- Is there financial aid available for this enrollment program?
Not with KET, but check with local community agencies or public assistance programs. Since the KET enrollment fee includes the cost of the paper and pencil version of the GED® diploma tests, our enrollment fee is at the minimum level.
- Is there a payment plan for enrollment in KET's Study at Home program?
No, we suggest you save in advance for a future enrollment date. Enrollment start times are ongoing for KET's Study at Home program.
- I have paid for GED® diploma or high school diploma programs before then found out they were fake. How do I know this one leads me to a real GED® diploma?
KET offers nationally used study materials and programming for your preparation. These materials were developed in cooperation with the national GED® Testing Service in Washington, D.C. The GED® tests you will take at the end of your studies are sponsored by the Commonwealth of Kentucky at official testing centers and passing them gives you a legitimate GED® diploma.
- Where do I take the GED® diploma tests in my area?
Here is the link showing a list of all the official GED® diploma Testing Centers in Kentucky: http://www.kyae.ky.gov/students/ged.htm#locations
- Can the GED® diploma tests be taken online or at home?
No, the GED® diploma tests are administered only at official testing centers designated by Kentucky Adult Education in Frankfort. There are more than 30 testing centers in the state.
- I lost my KET Study at Home enrollment form. Can I get another one?
Yes, call 1-800-228-3382 and we will send you another one.
- I want to enroll. Who do I make my check or money order to?
KET-GED Program. Mail your check with your enrollment form to:
KET GED Program
317 Allie Young Hall
Morehead, KY 40351
- I lost my GED® diploma test voucher or it has expired. What do I do?
Call 1-800-228-3382 and we will help you.
- I need a copy of my GED® diploma (old or new) or my GED® diploma test scores. Who do I call?
Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE) 502-563-5114
- I think my skills are not strong enough for GED® diploma level study. What can I do?
Please call us at 1-800-228-3382 and we can discuss our Pre-GED programming and workbooks. The lessons are at an easier level and help prepare you for GED® diploma studies. You may also visit your local adult learning center for classes.