Multiple-choice: Click on the correct letter. If nothing happens when you click,
you probably don't have Netscape Navigator 3.0. Please download
it as soon as you can.
- In all events, only bona fide students are allowed to play.
- Each captain will make an ex tempore speech at 9:00 A.M.
- The manager is ex officio gatekeeper.
by virtue of his office
never allowed to be
- Jean Valjean's sentence for stealing a loaf of bread seems an unusually stringent punishment.
- Some people believe that warm milk has a somniferous effect.
- The governor regretted that he never fulfilled his aspiration to be president.
- The principal felt that my excuse was implausible.
- The Trojan Horse was the most successful subterfuge used by the Greeks.
- Black clouds often portend that a storm is impending.
act as an omen
- At the town meeting, John Bespoke was the principal interlocutor. Others had little to say.