Kentucky Principals, Leading by Example
The KET production, Kentucky Principals, Leading by Example is part of an outreach project in support of The Principal Story, a PBS documentary film about school leadership.
Watch the video of "Kentucky Principals, Leading by Example"
About the program
Host/Moderator -- Bill Goodman
- Debbie Daniels, Kentucky Cohesive Leadership System State Director, Kentucky Department of Education
- Dr. Phil Rogers, Executive Director, Kentucky Educational Professional Standards Board
- Linda P. France, Coordinator of Educational Leadership, Asbury College, formerly KDE Deputy Commissioner of Learning and Results Services
- Brady Link, Superintendent of Christian County Schools
- Lorraine Williams, Principal of Millcreek Elementary School, Fayette County Public Schools, and Chair of the Kentucky Educational Professional Standards Board
- Michael Childress, Executive Director, Kentucky Long-term Policy and Research Center
Featured video segments:
• Opal Dawson, Principal of John F. Kennedy Montessori Elementary School, Jefferson County Public Schools, using the School Administration Manager (SAM) program to help her focus on instructional leadership and delegate administrative tasks, produced by the filmmakers of The Principal Story.
• Kentucky principals modeling instructional leadership while implementing schoolwide reform in literacy instruction, edited from KET's Literacy Leadership resources.
• Stephanie Sullivan, Principal of Central Elementary School, Graves County Pubic Schools, and Kentucky's 2009 National Distinguished Principal, distributing leadership so teachers also are empowered to serve as instructional leaders.