Primary 2004: The Vote
Watch the Video | Help with RealPlayer®
On Primary Election Day 2004, May 18, KETs Bill Goodman and Renee Shaw anchored Primary 2004: The Vote, featuring live returns and analysis of the primary vote. That program is now available for viewing online.
In addition to commentary by in-studio political observers John David Dyche and John McGarvey, the one-hour program includes the following reports from around the state:
- Victory speech by Geoff Davis, Republican nominee for the 4th District U.S. House seat.
- Concession remarks by Kevin Murphy and John Kelly King, Davis opponents in the 4th District Republican primary.
- Interview with Nick Clooney, Democratic candidate for the 4th District U.S. House seat.
- Patrick Crowley of the Kentucky Enquirer, Fort Mitchell, on the Davis-Clooney race in the 4th Congressional District and the 11th District race in the Kentucky Senate.
- Reading of a statement from incumbent Sen. Jim Bunning, who won his Republican primary.
- Interview with state Sen. Daniel Mongiardo, Democratic nominee for the U.S. Senate.
- Mark Hebert of WHAS-TV on Louisville-area General Assembly results and the fall race in the 3rd Congressional District.
- Bill Bryant of WKYT-TV/Lexington on the 29th District Kentucky Senate race, the 6th Congressional District race, and Central Kentucky General Assembly results.
- In-studio interview with Kentucky Democratic Party chair Bill Garmer and Republican Party chair John McCarthy.
KETs Primary 2004 coverage was produced by Deidre Clark. Donna Moore was executive producer.