Primary 2011 Candidate Discussions
KET's Kentucky Tonight will host a series of discussion programs with candidates for state constitutional office who have opposition in the May 17 primary. All candidates whose names will appear on the ballot in these races have been invited to participate. Each program will be an hour long, unless otherwise indicated. • live on Mondays, April 11-May 9, at 8/7 p.m. CT on KET and online
- April 11—Republicans for auditor of public accounts: John T. Kemper III and Addia Kathryn Wuchner.
Democrats for state treasurer: Steve Hamrick and L.J. "Todd" Hollenbach.
- April 18—Democrats for secretary of state: Alison Lundergan Grimes and Elaine N. Walker.
Republicans for secretary of state: Bill Johnson and Hilda Legg.
- April 25 (extended to 9:30/8:30 pm CT)—Democrats for commissioner of agriculture:
Robert "Bob" Farmer, Stewart Gritton, John Faris Lackey, David Williams, and B.D. Wilson.
Republicans for commissioner of agriculture: James R. Comer and Rob Rothenburger.
- May 2—Republicans for lieutenant governor: Richie Farmer, Mike Harmon, and Bill Vermillion Jr.
- May 9—Republicans for governor: Barbara "Bobbie" Holsclaw, Phil Moffett, and David L. Williams.
See how it all turns out by tuning in to KET for Primary 2011: The Vote. We'll bring you statewide election returns and comprehensive analysis. KET's Bill Goodman and Renee Shaw will be joined in the studio by political observers Al Cross, John David Dyche, and Jennifer Moore. • Tuesday, May 17 at 7/6 p.m. CT on KET