Working with Standard Grids
It’s Your Turn!
Now it is time for you to try your hand at filling in standard grids. In this activity, you will have a chance to grid whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Follow the directions in the example provided, and then try your hand at gridding.
In this example, you will grid the whole number answer 362. When you have finshed, click Check Your Answer.
- The number 362 is right-justified on the top row.
- In the middle column, move your mouse pointer to the bubble for the digit 3.
- Click on the 3 to fill it in. It changes to yellow.
- In the next column to the right, move your mouse pointer to the bubble that corresponds with the number 6.
- Click on the 6. It changes to yellow.
- In the last column, move your mouse pointer to the bubble that corresponds with the number 2.
- Click on the 2. It changes to yellow.
- Check to see that the bubbles are aligned with the digits written in the top row.