Working with Standard Grids
Strategies for Success
If students have a process they can follow when working with standard grids, they will be much more likely to correctly complete the grids. The following is a six-step process for working with standard grids. You may find this helpful when working with your students.
Six Steps to Successfully Working with Grids
- Solve the problem and write the answer on the scratch paper provided.
- Check to see if the answer will fit in the standard grid.
- If the answer will not fit, check computations first. If computation is correct, check to see if the answer should be rounded.
- Print the answer in the top row of the standard grid.
- Fill in the corresponding bubble in each row under the answer.
- Check to be sure that the answer in the top row and the filled-in bubbles are correctly aligned.