Language Arts Writing Test Part I: Just the Facts
- Part I has 50 items. Each item requires students to revise and edit documents just as they would in real-life situations.
- Passages are based on three types of documents:
- Informative articles
- How-to texts
- Workplace and community documents
- Each passage consists of 200-300 words, in 12-20 sentences. Each paragraph is lettered and each sentence is numbered.
- There are three question formats:
- Construction shift
- Part I accounts for about 60 percent of the Writing Test score.