Language Arts Writing Test Part II: Just the Facts
Take a minute to review some basic facts about Part II of the Language Arts Writing Test.
- Students write an original, expository essay on a specified topic that asks them to present a point of view or an explanation.
- Students have 45 minutes to write on the assigned topic.
- No specific length is required.
- The essay is scored for its overall effectiveness, based on well-focused main points, clear organization, development and detail, control of Edited American English, and appropriate word choice.
- The essay represents about 40% of the Language Arts Writing Test score.