Explore important health issues in Kentucky from a fresh perspective by watching KET's Health Three60 series. The hour-long programs, hosted by Renee Shaw, present three sides of an issue in 60 minutes through a mix of studio and documentary segments.
Our Programs: Champions for Children's Health | Healthy Competition: How County Health Rankings Are Catalyzing Change | When Children Are Cruel | Citizens Taking Charge | No Health Without Mental Health | The Heart Facts | The New Face of Diabetes | Erasing the Stigma of Mental Illness | Probing Prescription Drug Abuse
Erasing the Stigma of Mental Illness
Adobe Flash Player is required for this content. (Installation instructions are available on the download page.)
If problems continue, contact our .
What impact does stigma have on Kentuckians with severe and persistent mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and major depression? We discover the costs in human, economic, and political terms. | Broadcast Dates
Our Program Guests
- Sheila Schuster, PhD, licensed psychologist and mental health and health-care advocate
- Cathy Epperson, executive director, NAMI Kentucky (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Ramona Johnson, president and CEO, Bridgehaven Mental Health Services
- Steve Shannon, executive director, Kentucky Association of Regional Programs
- Bertha Diaz-Story, board member, NAMI Louisville
- David Susman, PhD, licensed psychologist, director of the Recovery Mall program and psychology services coordinator at Eastern State Hospital, Lexington
- Lon Moore, a mental health services consumer
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Bridgehaven Mental Health Services: Community based psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery services, education, and support
- Kentucky Protection and Advocacy: Protects and promotes the legal rights of Kentuckians with disabilities
- Comprehensive Care websites for Kentucky: Links to the 14 regional mental health and mental retardation centers in the commonwealth
- Kentucky Mental Health Coalition Advocacy Action Network: Site features membership application, legislative advocacy contact information, and legislative meeting schedules
- Community Mental Health Centers 24-hour Crisis Phone Numbers: County by county lists of crisis and office phone numbers for Kentucky community mental health centers and adult state-operated or state-contracted psychiatric hospitals
Health Three60 is a KET production, funded in part
by the Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky.