Explore important health issues in Kentucky from a fresh perspective by watching KET's Health Three60 series. The hour-long programs, hosted by Renee Shaw, present three sides of an issue in 60 minutes through a mix of studio and documentary segments.
Health Three60 Program Archive: Sleepless in Kentucky | Champions for Children's Health | Healthy Competition: How County Health Rankings Are Catalyzing Change | When Children Are Cruel | Citizens Taking Charge | No Health Without Mental Health | The Heart Facts | The New Face of Diabetes | Erasing the Stigma of Mental Illness | Probing Prescription Drug Abuse
Healthy Competition: How County Health
Rankings Are Catalyzing Change
Kentuckians love the competition among sports teams. But what if that same spirit of competition was transferred to health? County health rankings are produced each year by the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute in partnership with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. KET's Health Three60 looks at communities that are taking those health statistics seriously and making positive changes in "Healthy Competition: How County Health Rankings Are Catalyzing Change."
Adobe Flash Player is required for this content. (Installation instructions are available on the download page.)
If problems continue, contact our .
Our Program Segments
Renee Shaw and guests explore three regions of the state and discuss how innovative strategies, relentless analysis of data, and a little competitive spirit can bring about improved health outcomes:
- Partners for Health: A health coalition drives change in Grant County, which moved from 89th to 60th in the county health rankings in three years.
- No Smoking: A grassroots drive leads to a smoking ban in Hardin County and some surrounding communities.
- Outdoor Adventure: New trails in Rockcastle County encourage healthy lifestyles as well as economic development.
Our Program Guests
- Connie White, MD, MS, FACOG, deputy commissioner of the Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Lynne M. Saddler, MD, MPH, public health director, Northern Kentucky Independent District Health Department
- Linda Sims, MSN, FACHE, public health director, Lincoln Trail District Health Department
- Lynnett Renner MS, RD, LD, public health director, Cumberland Valley District Health Department
- Sarojini Kanotra, PhD, MPH, CHES, project director, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, Chronic Disease Prevention Branch, Kentucky Department for Public Health
- County Health Rankings compiled by the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute in partnership with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Kentucky Health Facts
Health Three60 is a KET production, funded in part
by the Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky.