- Job Openings
- FCC EEO Public File
- KET/State Job Application
(MS Word Doc to download, complete and send via e-mail or U.S. mail)
Kentucky Educational Television has the following full-time, contract job opening at the Network Center in Lexington.
Education Technology Consultant
Director, Adult Education and Workforce Training
- Make quality contacts and/or provide consultation services (via face-to-face meetings and site visits; or via online technology) to 100% of assigned local adult education programs on a to-be-determined cycle, providing services and fostering awareness and effective utilization of instructional technology resources to address individual learning center and classroom goals.
- Collaborate with KYAE and KET on integrating instructional technology best practices statewide.
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate individualized and small-group trainings of the effective use of technology, multimedia, and educational services and resources.
- Identify and promote professional development, distance learning courses, and multimedia resources that support the KYAE Common Core Standards.
- Identify best practices on technology integration.
- Identify instructional technology needs of the KYAE local programs and instructors.
- Collaborate with the KET regional education consultants on planning, production, distribution, promotion, and evaluation of technology integration services.
- Document and evaluate interactions and activities on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis; maintain distribution list of contacts; and use this information and other means to measure impact and ascertain education needs in the state.
- Engage in ongoing professional development to ensure up-to-date knowledge of instructional best practices, education technology, and KYAE education issues.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelor's degree plus five years of professional level experience in in teaching in and/or coordinating adult or post-secondary education programs, strong organizational and communication skills, and a thorough understanding of education and/or workforce development for low-skilled adults or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Aslo:
- Skill in developing and presenting dynamic workshops for education audiences
- Experience in integrating technology into instruction
- Knowledge of education technology, software and equipment strongly desired
- Excellent communication, computer, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Excellent computer, collaboration, and presentation skills
The position requires travel. Vehicle required. When not in the field, the successful applicant’s time will be divided between the Kentucky Educational Television office at 600 Cooper Drive in Lexington, Kentucky, and the Kentucky Adult Education office at 1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 250, Frankfort, Kentucky.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to be received no later than October 10, 2012, to
- Employment & Recruiting
600 Cooper Dr.
Lexington, KY 40502
or Fax: (859) 258-7765