Kentucky Life Production Assistant
KET Division/Work Location
KET Network Center
This unpaid internship is available year-round. Two or three interns are needed each semester. Junior-, senior-, and graduate-level students attending any Kentucky college or university and Kentucky residents attending a college or university out of state may apply.
10 hours per week (approximately 150 hours per semester) are required, although special arrangements may be made when school requirements differ.
Kentucky Life, a weekly magazine show on KET, is seeking production interns. Duties may include some or all of the following:
- logging tapes using media log software.
- digitizing footage onto a non-linear editing system.
- entering story data into a database.
- researching stories and making phone calls.
- going out with the crew to assist with remote production (if schedule permits—days could be long).
Special Skills Required
Interest in telecommunications, broadcast, and/or library science. Must be comfortable using a computer and be familiar with (or be willing to learn) how to use FileMaker database software and Avid media logging software. The flexibility of working some evenings is helpful, since computer equipment is more available at that time.
Interested? Fill out our online internship application form.
Director of Personnel
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
(859) 258-7103 or (800) 255-0651
Fax (859) 258-7390