On-Air Graphics Assistant
KET Division/Work Location
On-Air Graphics Department
KET Network Center
This unpaid internship is available year-round. One or two interns are needed each semester. Junior-, senior-, and graduate-level students attending any Kentucky college or university and Kentucky residents attending a college or university out of state may apply.
10 hours per week (approximately 150 hours per semester) are required, although special arrangements may be made when school requirements differ.
The intern will assist the On-Air Graphics team with creating graphics for KET productions and recalling stored graphics during edit sessions and live productions.
Hours may be spread over 2-3 days a week. Preferably the intern would be available at one or more of the following times:
- Tuesday afternoon to assist with the creation of News Quiz graphics and maps
- Thursday from noon to 2:00 pm to assist with News Quiz live production
- Friday from 10:00 am to noon to assist with live-to-tape production of Legislative Update
- Friday between 1:00 and 6:00 pm to assist with pre-production for Comment on Kentucky
Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Pinnacle FXDeko, and Chyron ACG and basic computer knowledge preferred but not required. Training will be provided. Applicant must be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
Interested? Fill out our online internship application form.
Director of Personnel
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
(859) 258-7103 or (800) 255-0651
Fax (859) 258-7390