KET Division/Work Location
KET Network Center
Junior-, senior-, and graduate-level students attending any Kentucky college or university and Kentucky residents attending a college or university out of state may apply.
10 hours per week (approximately 150 hours per semester) are required, although special arrangements may be made when school requirements differ.
The intern will assist with and perform a variety of duties in the KET videotape and records archives, including the following:
- maintenance of the archival videotape library, including entering data and shelving new videotape productions, assigning tape numbers and location numbers, and some rearranging of existing videotapes, including the GED instruction collection.
- gathering information such as individual program data, including contacting producers and associate producers as needed, correlating information, assigning IPD numbers, and data entry.
- assisting in the general flow of paperwork regarding requests for video footage, agreements, and follow-ups as needed.
- assisting in the organizing of permanent files and in the general process of records management, as directed.
- pulling and checking out tapes requested by in-house staff.
- assisting in the preparation for the digitization of KET’s videotape library.
Interested? Fill out our online internship application form.
Director of Personnel
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
(859) 258-7103 or (800) 255-0651
Fax (859) 258-7390