Sales and Marketing Assistant
KET Division/Work Location
560 Cooper Drive
This unpaid internship is available year-round. One intern is needed each semester. Junior-, senior-, and graduate-level students attending any Kentucky college or university and Kentucky residents attending a college or university out of state may apply.
10 hours per week (approximately 150 hours per semester) are required, although special arrangements may be made when school requirements differ.
The intern will will be given a variety of responsibilities in the KET Enterprise Sales and Marketing Department, participating in many of these activities:
- assisting in development and production of newsletters, brochures, advertising, direct mail, and other marketing efforts
- making follow-up calls to organizations that have previewed or purchased KET’s adult education materials
- conducting online research
- database administration
- updating spreadsheets for budget and project tracking
- converting print materials to HTML code
This internship is an opportunity for hands-on experience in a national marketing organization distributing adult education materials.
Special Skills Required
Applicants must have strong communication skills – both written and oral – and must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Internet and database experience will allow an intern to assist with some Web design and database management.
Interested? Fill out our online internship application form.
Director of Personnel
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
(859) 258-7103 or (800) 255-0651
Fax (859) 258-7390