- Job Openings
- FCC EEO Public File
- KET/State Job Application
(MS Word Doc to download, complete and send via e-mail or U.S. mail)
Kentucky Educational Television Foundation has the following contract temporary position at KET's Network Center in Lexington, Ky.:
Online Content Producer
(multiple positions available,
Hours: flexible, 10 to 40 hours/week Pay: $20/hr)
Online Communications and Content Manager
To produce, write, curate, coordinate, and copyedit content on www.ket.org and KET-managed online platforms
- Migrate content and produce websites within defined templates for KET.org.
- Produce, write, curate, coordinate, and copyedit online articles.
- Curate and coordinate related content and graphics.
- Collaborate closely with appropriate colleagues to ensure priorities are followed, art/graphic and technical elements are implemented and deadlines are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field preferred.
- Must have exceptional knowledge and experience producing online content, executing new media and social media tactics, and online usability best practices.
- Must have strong writing and proofreading skills. Applicants will be required to take a copyediting test and must submit writing samples showing the ability to write in a succinct, engaging style.
- Must be able to produce content that adheres to KET's editorial style and brand standards.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of editorial, design, and technical colleagues are required.
- Must be able to work under short deadlines and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Must have expertise with Wordpress, social media platforms, HTML and/or CSS page layout, and metadata management.
Positions open until filled. State application, cover letter/resume, and writing samples to be sent to:
- Employment & Recruiting
600 Cooper Dr.
Lexington, KY 40502
Fax: (859) 258-7765
KET is an equal opportunity employer.