River of Music Party
The River of Music Party, held in Owensboro, Ky., and sponsored by the International Bluegrass Music Museum, is considered a mega-celebration of all things bluegrass. The event usually features more than 30 artists, ranging from legends such as Marty Stuart, Del McCoury, and Byron Berline to newcomers, including the Grascals, Cadillac Sky, and the Farewell Drifters.
Taking place throughout Owensboro at three different venues (IBMM, Yellow Creek Park, and the RiverPark Center), the festival also includes the Bluegrass Masters Film Festival, a Bluegrass Legends Concert, new exhibit openings at the museum, Bluegrass Hall of Honor plaque unveilings, instrument workshops, and a Sunday open house at the museum.
The following Jubilee programs were shot at River of Music Party :
- Rhonda Vincent and the Rage (#801)
- Award-winning musical talent Rhonda Vincent plays hard-driving, high-energy, traditional bluegrass with her band, the Rage.
- The Grascals (#1301)
- A band of rising stars displays its innovative mingling of bluegrass and country.
- Adrienne Young & Little Sadie/Cadillac Sky (#1302)
Two groundbreaking groups--Adrienne Young & Little Sadie and Cadillac Sky--bring their unique brand of bluegrass to the Jubilee stage.
- Dan Paisley and Southern Grass (#1303)
Dan Paisley & Southern Grass carry on the bluegrass tradition of the Paisley and Lundy families.
- The Farewell Drifters/Blue Moon Rising (#1304)
- Two Tennessee bands perform classically inspired yet original bluegrass.
- Timberline Drive/Jake Quesenberry & The MacRae Brothers (#1305)
Bowling Green's Timberline Drive and bluegrass legends Jake Quesenberry & The MacRae Brothers bring their skilled expertise to the Jubilee stage.
- Professors of Bluegrass (#1306)
The Professors of Bluegrass, a group of Yale University faculty members, perform their unique brand of traditional bluegrass.
- Hazel Dickens/Wade & Julia Mainer (#1307)
Three legendary performers--folk artist Hazel Dickens, and bluegrass pioneers Wade & Julia Mainer--offer up a masterful presentation of classic American music.
- The Lonesome River Band (#1308)
The Lonesome River Band brings its style of hard-driving, traditional bluegrass to the Jubilee stage.
- Butch Waller & High Country (#1309)
Hailing from the West Coast, High Country’s repertoire offers a vital mix of powerful standards and original songs that focus on traditional bluegrass.
- Foghorn Stringband (#1310)
Foghorn Stringband delve into the traditional sounds of rural America, such as old-time, bluegrass, and other folk music.
- Berline-Crary-Hickman (#1311)
The Berline-Crary-Hickman trio features three of the most renowned bluegrass musicians to have taken up the form!
- Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper with Audie Blaylock (#1312)
Four-time winner of the IBMA’s Fiddle Player of the Year award and Grammy-nominated musician Michael Cleveland brings dynamic traditional bluegrass to the stage with his band, Flamekeeper.