Kentucky Bluegrass Music Festival
The Kentucky Bluegrass Music Festival, Louisville’s celebration of traditional Kentucky music, returned in 2006 after a more than two-decade hiatus. The summer festival, held on the Belvedere downtown near the Ohio River and Louisville Waterfront Park, usually features about 15 bands playing various styles, from contemporary and traditional bluegrass to blues, folk, country, and gospel-inspired music. Food, games, and other activities are also available during the festival.
The following Jubilee programs were shot at Kentucky Bluegrass Music Festival :
- Pine Mountain Railroad (#1201)
- Traditional bluegrass featuring rich harmonies from a Tennessee-based band.
- Kati Penn/Relic (#1202)
- Distinctive approaches to bluegrass from Lexington and Louisville bands.
- Corn Island (#1203)
- A contemporary bluegrass and acoustic band plays its hometown festival.
- Hog Operation (#1204)
- A supercharged performance by stringband Hog Operation at the Kentucky Bluegrass Music Festival in Louisville.
- Bluegrass 101/Kentucky Sassafras (#1205)
- Homegrown bluegrass from two Kentucky-based bands, one made up of teenagers.
- Old Louisville Express (#1206)
- Old Louisville Express performs traditional and progressive bluegrass, mournful ballads, and fast-paced ditties.
- The Cumberlands (#1207)
- A band of acoustic music veterans plays tight, traditional bluegrass.
- Fire the Saddle/Down on 5th (#1208)
- Two bands that meld bluegrass with a variety of other genres.