The Moron Brothers
Mike Carr and Mike Hammond, otherwise known as Lardo and Burley Moron, respectively, are writers of hilarious songs and performers of musical antics. The two men are favorites at bluegrass festivals and special events of every descriptionwherever people enjoy good music and down-home comedy. Their performances feature many original songs, distinguished by funny lyrics and toe-tapping tunes.
A career highlight was an appearance on the Grand Ole Opry, where they performed one of their own songs, If My Nose Was Running Money, Id Blow It All on You.
The two Morons share a philosophy about their careers: We feel like there is enough sickness, sadness, and sorrow in the world, and the Good Lord means for His people to have good, clean fun and laugh, says Lardo. Maybe thats why he gave us the talent to play and write these funny songs.
This artist appears in the following Jubilee programs:
- Homer Ledford and Cabin Creek/Carr and Hammond/Thunder and the Hosscats (#312)
- Traditional bluegrass and a liberal dose of folksy humor with three Kentucky-based bands.
- The Moron Brothers/Billie Renee and Cumberland Gap (#804)
- Mike Carr and Mike Hammond are Lardo and Burley, writers of hilarious songs and performers of musical antics. Billie Renee has a voice that just naturally lends itself to that haunting, high-lonesome sound of bluegrass.
- The Brothers Burley and Lardo/Stringtown (#1007)
- Country humor and traditional bluegrass share the stage.