Submitting a Program
KET accepts programming for the Kentucky Channel from nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, independent producers, and others who share and value KET’s mission. If you have a documentary or other program that is Kentucky-centric, might be of interest to viewers in the Commonwealth, and meets Kentucky Channel editorial/content guidelines and technical requirements, we invite you to submit it for consideration.
- Send a DVD (preferred) or VHS copy of the program along with your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, plus a one-paragraph description of the program, to
600 Cooper Dr.
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
- You will receive confirmation of receipt of your program. Programs are screened in the order they arrive at KET. Due to the large number of programs screened each week, the turnaround is usually several weeks.
- If your program is accepted, a Letter of Agreement and Program Fact Sheet will be sent to you to complete.
- For broadcast, a master must be submitted on XD Cam disk, DV Cam (miniDV is acceptable) or BetaSP. File sharing and other forms of media are acceptable but must be approved in advance by KET Program Operations.
- Once the master tape has been received, screened, and approved, the program will be entered into KET’s programming database for scheduling. Programs are scheduled two to three months in advance. You will be notified of the airdates.