Suggested Field Trips
The following sites and museums are recommended for class field trips. It is important, however, to contact each location in advance to make arrangements for group tours.
- Ancient Buried City, Wickliffe, Ky.
- Big Bone Lick State Park and Outdoor Museum, Union, Ky.
- Cahokia Mounds, East St. Louis, Ill.
- Chucalissa Indian Village and Museum, Memphis, Tenn.
- Cincinnati Museum of Natural History, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Mammoth Cave National Park, Cave City, Ky.
- Otter Creek Park, Muldrough, Ky.
- Blue Licks Battlefield State Park and Museum, Mt. Olivet, Ky.
- Constitution Square State Historic Site, Danville, Ky.
- Dr. Thomas Walker State Historic Site, Barbourville, Ky.
- Levi Jackson Wilderness Road State Park and Mountain Life Museum, London, Ky.
- Fort Boonesborough State Park and Museum, Richmond, KY.
- Old Fort Harrod State Park, Mansion Museum, Pioneer Cemetery and "The Legend of Daniel Boone" outdoor drama. Harrodsburg, Ky.
- Old Mulkey Meeting House State Historic Site, Tompkinsville, Ky.
- William Whitley House State Historic Site, Barbourville, Ky.
- Abraham Lincoln's Birthplace, National Historic Site, Hodgenville, Ky.
- Farmington Historic Home, Louisville, Ky,
- Isaac Shelby Cemetery State Historic Site, Danville, Ky.
- Lincoln Homestead State Park, Springfield, Ky.
- Mary Todd Lincoln House, Lexington, Ky.
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park, Bardstown, Ky.
- Old State Capitol and Kentucky History Center, Frankfort, Ky.
- Shakertown at Pleasant Hill, Harrodsburg, Ky.
- Waveland State Historic Site, Lexington, Ky.
- Columbus Belmont Battlefield State Park, Columbus, Ky.
- Jefferson Davis Monument State Historic Site, Fairview, Ky.
- John Hunt Morgan Home, Lexington, Ky.
- General Burnside State Park, Lake Cumberland, Ky.
- General Butler State Park, Carrollton, Ky.
- Kentucky Military History Museum, Frankfort, Ky.
- Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site, Perryville, Ky.
Post-Civil War Kentucky
- Berea College Mountain Folk Festival, Berea, Ky.
- Fort Knox, George S. Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor, U.S. Gold Depository, Ft. Knox, Ky.
- John James Audubon State Park, Henderson, Ky.
- White Hall State Historic Site, Richmond, Ky.