Child and Family Safety
- Vehicle Safety
- Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center
- The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) web site lists recalls and toy safety notices. Children can visit The Adventures of Kidd Safety.
- National Safekids Campaign
- Kentucky Center for School Safety
- KidSource OnLine is a terrific source for education, health care, and product information that will make a difference in the lives of parents and their children. Some examples:
- Scooter safety and recalls
- Product recall notices
- Holiday safety tips
- Tips for safety in the home
- Playground safety tips
- Preventing child drownings
- Guide to toys and play
- Checking your medicine chest for potential dangers to children
- Transportation safety
- Safety tips for Halloween trick-or-treaters
- Jefferson County, Colorado Bicycle Helmet Safety Project
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
has a wealth of information for parents, including many
safety & prevention articles for children.
- Adolescent Health at the AMA is a premier online source of children's health news and information on a range of topics, including childhood infections, emergencies and first aid, safety and accident prevention, and child development.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Child Safety in Cars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- The National Injury and Violence Prevention Resource Center fosters the development of injury and violence prevention strategies and their inclusion into maternal and child health services, programs, and organizations. The center is a project of the Education Development Center.
- The National Program for Playground Safety addresses the growing concerns for playground safety in this country. Through its efforts, parents, educators, and administrators responsible for playground construction and maintenance will have access to the latest information on playground safety and injury prevention.
- Safe Within is an outstanding site that provides news and information relating to your own and your family's safety, security, health, and sense of well-being. Updated daily, it offers free (monthly) Safe Within e-mail bulletins; a Today's Safety News section; access to newsgroups; and guides to auto, child, home, pet, personal, seasonal, senior, and travel safety.
- Backpack Safety
- Common Sense About Kids and Guns
- Recalled Products at ToyDirectory.com
- More online parenting resources
- The American Academy of Family Physicians reports that home accidents kill more children
under age 10 than any disease and injure one in every four children. The AAFP has published a brochure that includes
safety tips on cribs, toys, and bathtime. For a free copy of "Child Safety, Keeping Your Home Safe
for Your Baby," send a stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope to
c/o Main Street Department of Child Safety
P.O. Box 19326
Lenexa, KS 66285-9326
Kentucky child care providers may register to watch upcoming and previous
Kids' Health Call-Ins for credit toward state licensing requirements.
For more information, call KET at (800) 432-0951, ext. 7278.
To purchase these KET video programs, call (800) 945-9167.