Ask the Dentist
Aired July 31, 2000 at 8:00/7:00 pm CT on KET.
Dentists and dental health experts answered viewers' questions about dental health problems
prevalent in Kentucky's children, as well as provided parents and caregivers information on
preventive and oral health care.
The call-in is hosted by Lois Reynolds, spokesperson for
Oral Health America.
For help finding a dentist in Kentucky, call the Kentucky Dental Association at (800) 292-1855.
- Leon Assael, D.M.D., dean, UK College of Dentistry
- Ted Raybould, D.M.D., UK College of Dentistry, and president of the Blue Grass Dental Society
- Fred Howard, D.M.D., community dentist from Harlan and president of the Kentucky Dental Health Coalition.
- Karl Lange, D.M.D., Lexington dentist
To purchase a DVD of this program and other Kids' Health Call-Ins, call 800-945-9167 or e-mail
ORAL HEALTH RESOURCES:
- UK College of Dentistry
- Oral Health America
- Child Health Guide: Dental/Oral Health
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay and Oral Health in the Child Care Setting
- Number Of Children Without Cavities Doubles In Two Decades
- Make Halloween a Treat for Your Child's Health
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Oral Health Resources -National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- American Dental Hygienists' Association - ADHA is a source for oral health information for consumers, reporters, legislators, and dental hygienists, including special kid's pages.
- Johnson & Johnson Oral Health
- Oral-B Laboratories - original dental care information and networking opportunities for dentists, hygienists, educators, teachers and oral-health conscious consumers.
- Crest Dental ResourceNet
- John O. Butler Company - kids stuff, consumer, professional, and international sections offer information about good oral health and our dental health products.