KET PUBLIC AFFAIRS COVERAGE
- What's Next for Immigration Reform after the President's Executive Action?
by John Gregory | 11/25/14 2:56 PM
Last week, President Obama fulfilled his promise to use his executive authority on immigration policy. His plan offers deportation deferment for three years as well as work permits and Social Security numbers to an estimated 5 million undocumented immigrants. Read more.
- Decades After 'Dead Man Walking,' Prejean Continues Fight Against the Death Penalty
by John Gregory | 11/25/14 10:36 AM
When Sister Helen Prejean witnessed the electrocution of a convicted murderer - an execution that no religious leader protested - she says her soul was set on fire. Read more.
- McConnell Prepares for Immigration Fight; Northern Kentucky Struggles to Fill Jobs
by John Gregory | 11/24/14 1:13 PM
The day after he won re-election, Sen. Mitch McConnell warned President Obama that executive action on immigration would be "like waving a red flag in front of a bull." Read more.
- Special Court Program Helps Veterans Facing Jail Time
by John Gregory | 11/21/14 1:12 PM
On any given day, there are 1,900 people incarcerated in Metro Louisville. And about 20 percent of them, according to Jefferson County District Court Judge David Holton, are veterans. Read more.
- How Would Supreme Court Rule on Same-Sex Marriage?
by John Gregory | 11/19/14 9:42 AM
It now seems all but certain that the U.S. Supreme Court will decide the constitutionality of restrictions on same sex marriage, following the recent ruling by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals to uphold bans in Kentucky and three other states. Read more.
- Morehead State Helps Launch Next Generation of Space Scientists
by John Gregory | 11/18/14 11:53 AM
Kentucky's largest export isn't automobiles, coal, chemicals and synthetic materials, or even bourbon. Read more.
- McConnell, Other Lawmakers Prepare for New Legislative Sessions
by John Gregory | 11/17/14 12:56 PM
After a long, hard battle to win re-election, Sen. Mitch McConnell last week received unanimous support of Senate Republicans to make him Majority Leader when the new Congress convenes next year. Read more.
- A Look at College in America: Costs, Quality, Sports, Diversity
by John Gregory | 11/12/14 2:42 PM
Whether it’s wealthy students attending an elite university, or first generation students enrolled at a local community college, the higher education experience is an exhilarating and fantastic voyage, according to John Thelin. And he says college campuses are some of America's most exciting institutions. Read more.
- The Kentucky Senate Race: Dissecting the Polls, Turnout, and Money
by John Gregory | 11/11/14 2:27 PM
Hindsight may be 20-20 but some poll watchers are still scratching their heads over several aspects of the 2014 elections. Read more.
- Belonging, Feelings, Identity Involved in Brand Choice
by John Gregory | 11/10/14 4:53 PM
The clothes we wear, the cars we drive, the cell phones we use, even the celebrities we admire and the sodas we drink, all say something about us. And Debbie Millman is fascinated by how consumers arrive at those choices. Read more.