Upcoming One To One Programs
Listings include all KET Channels: KET1, KET2, KETKY, KETED
Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Congressman Hal Rogers join Bill to discuss efforts to address high rates of obesity, lung cancer and heart disease in Eastern Kentucky, where SOAR (Shaping Our Appalachian Region) recently hosted several town hall meetings with Frieden and other health advocates.
- Wednesday, November 25 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
R. Albert Mohler, Jr., president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, discusses his new book, We Cannot Be Silent.
- Wednesday, November 25 at 7:30/6:30 pm CT on KET2
- Thursday, November 26 at 6:00/5:00 pm CT on KETKY
Broadcast journalist Ted Koppel, best known as anchor of ABC's Nightline from 1980 until his retirement in 2005, talks about his career. He is currently a senior news analyst for National Public Radio and the BBC.
- Thursday, November 26 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
During his 25 years in broadcast journalism, David Gregory's work has taken him across the country and around the world. He was the former moderator for NBC's Meet the Press. Gregory talks about politics and his personal journey of faith.
- Sunday, November 29 at 9:30/8:30 am CT on KETKY
John Thelin, a University of Kentucky research professor and member of the Educational Policy Studies Department, discusses his book, A History of American Higher Education.
- Monday, November 30 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Discussing their work in space and satellites are Morehead State University professors Roger McNeil and Ben Malphrus. The program was taped at the 2014 IdeaFestival in Louisville.
- Tuesday, December 1 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Keen Babbage and his sister-in-law Laura discuss his battle against cancer and how Laura, a registered nurse and chaplain, helped him through his struggle.
- Wednesday, December 2 at 7:30/6:30 am CT on KET2
- Thursday, December 3 at 6:00/5:00 pm CT on KETKY
- Friday, December 4 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
- Sunday, December 6 at 9:30/8:30 am CT on KETKY
Discussing his new novel is Peter Van Buren, author of Ghosts of Tom Joad, A Story of the #99 Percent. The program was taped at the 2014 IdeaFestival in Louisville. Bill also interviews Kris Kimel, founder of the IdeaFestival.
- Wednesday, December 2 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year is Leadership Kentucky, a statewide educational organization that prepares prospective leaders to take an active role in shaping Kentucky's future. Guests are one of the founders, retired Toyota executive Jim Wiseman; Kristen Bale, the 2005 Leadership Kentucky chair; and Deann Allen, a member of the class of 2013.
- Thursday, December 3 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Ted Bassett, one of the most respected figures within the global Thoroughbred industry, and Bill Mooney, co-author of Keeneland’s Ted Bassett: My Life, discuss their book.
- Sunday night, December 6 at 12:30/11:30 pm CT on KET
- Wednesday, December 9 at 7:30/6:30 am CT on KET2
Lexington emergency physician Dr. Steven Stack, incoming president of the American Medical Association, talks with Bill about his upcoming term.
- Monday, December 7 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Country singer/songwriter Jimmy Rose of Pineville, who recently appeared on "America's Got Talent," is the guest.
- Tuesday, December 8 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY