Upcoming One To One Programs
Listings include all KET Channels: KET1, KET2, KETKY, KETED
Our guest is David Walker, a former U.S. Comptroller General, founder and CEO of the Comeback America Initiative, and the national co-chair of No Labels, an organization dedicated to promoting a new politics of problem solving.
- Thursday, October 30 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
Bill speaks with U.S. Rep. Andy Barr, Republican, who is seeking re-election to the 6th Congressional District seat.
- Thursday, October 30 at 6:00/5:00 pm CT on KETKY
Al Smith, the longtime host of KET's Comment on Kentucky, talks about his new book, Kentucky Cured: Fifty Years in Kentucky Journalism, a collection of stories about mesmerizing people he met during his decades in the Bluegrass state.
- Friday, October 31 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
Al Cross, director of the Institute for Rural Journalism and Community Issues at the University of Kentucky, discusses the upcoming 2014 general election, including Kentucky's U.S. Senate race.
- Sunday, November 2 at 9:30/8:30 am CT on KETKY
- Sunday, November 2 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KET
- Sunday night, November 2 at 12:30/11:30 pm CT on KET
- Wednesday, November 5 at 7:30/6:30 am CT on KET2
- Thursday, November 6 at 8:00/7:00 am CT on KETKY
- Thursday, November 6 at 6:00/5:00 pm CT on KETKY
Mark Lyons, vice president of corporate affairs at Alltech, an animal feed company based in Nicholasville, discusses growing up in the company founded by his father, Pearse Lyons, and the growth of the company in China. The interview was done at Alltech's 29th Annual International Symposium held in May 2013 in Lexington.
- Monday, November 3 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
Tracey Damron talks about her life and new book, A Trail of Feathers, about her marriage to Steve Nunn, a former state legislator and son of Governor Louie Nunn who is serving a life sentence for murder.
- Tuesday, November 4 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
Broadcast journalist Ted Koppel, best known as anchor of ABC's Nightline from 1980 until his retirement in 2005, talks about his career. He is currently a senior news analyst for National Public Radio and the BBC.
- Wednesday, November 5 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
David Gergen, a senior political analyst for CNN and a professor of public service at Harvard University, is Bill Goodman's guest. Gergen is the former editor of U.S. News and World Report and served as an adviser for Presidents Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Clinton.
- Thursday, November 6 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
Best-selling author and essayist Jill McCorkle discusses her first novel in 17 years, Life After Life.
- Friday, November 7 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
John Thelin, a University of Kentucky research professor and member of the Educational Policy Studies Department, discusses his book, A History of American Higher Education.
- Sunday, November 9 at 9:30/8:30 am CT on KETKY
- Sunday, November 9 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KET
- Sunday night, November 9 at 12:30/11:30 pm CT on KET
- Tuesday, November 11 at 7:30/6:30 pm CT on KET2
- Wednesday, November 12 at 7:30/6:30 am CT on KET2
- Thursday, November 13 at 8:00/7:00 am CT on KETKY
Bill's guest is Declan Coyle, one of Ireland's most experienced leadership training and development consultants, who has worked with senior management teams worldwide at companies such as Alltech and GlaxoSmithKline.
- Monday, November 10 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
Everett McCorvey, Ph.D., director of the University of Kentucky Opera Theater, is interviewed about the opera's trip to The Gathering Ireland 2013 as well as the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington. McCorvey grew up in Montgomery, Alabama, during the civil rights struggle.
- Tuesday, November 11 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY
Carey Smith, founder and CEO of Big Ass Fans in Lexington, talks about the growth of his business.
- Wednesday, November 12 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KETKY