Upcoming One To One Programs
Listings include all KET Channels: KET1, KET2, KETKY, KETED
Bill speaks with Tony Kemper, head of the de Paul School in Louisville, an independent school focusing on students with dyslexia, ADHD, and central auditory processing deficits.
- Wednesday, October 7 at 7:30/6:30 am CT on KET2
- Wednesday, October 7 at 7:30/6:30 pm CT on KET2
- Thursday, October 8 at 6:00/5:00 pm CT on KETKY
Author Rita Mae Brown, the prolific writer of the Mrs. Murphy and Sneaky Pie Brown mysteries, talks about her life as a writer and her new novel, A Nose for Justice.
- Wednesday, October 7 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
World-renowned journalist and author Bob Woodward is interviewed in Louisville, where he delivered the keynote presentation at this year's Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Business Summit and Annual Meeting.
- Thursday, October 8 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Al Smith, who was the moderator of KET's Comment on Kentucky for over 30 years before his retirement in 2007, joins Bill for a discussion of his new memoir, Wordsmith: My Life in Journalism.
- Friday, October 9 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Trey Grayson, president of the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, discusses Kentucky business, the economy, and politics. A former Kentucky secretary of state, he previously served as director of the Kennedy School for Public Policy at Harvard University.
- Sunday, October 11 at 9:30/8:30 am CT on KETKY
- Sunday, October 11 at 1:00/12:00 noon CT on KET
- Sunday night, October 11 at 12:30/11:30 pm CT on KET
- Wednesday, October 14 at 7:30/6:30 am CT on KET2
- Wednesday, October 14 at 7:30/6:30 pm CT on KET2
- Thursday, October 15 at 6:00/5:00 pm CT on KETKY
Sheila Kalas and Laura Coombs, certified personal trainers, fitness coaches, and teachers, share tips on diet, exercise, and maintaining a regular routine to make you feel better and think better throughout the new year.
- Monday, October 12 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
University of Kentucky poet and professor Nikky Finney discusses being awarded the prestigious 2011 National Book Award for Poetry for her latest book, Head Off and Split.
- Tuesday, October 13 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Carol Jordan, director of the Center for Research on Violence Against Women at the University of Kentucky, recently co-produced a new documentary, The Science of Violence Against Women: The Stories of Women. The documentary includes the personal accounts of three survivors, the viewpoints of three women's advocates, and the scientific perspectives of center staff and faculty.
- Wednesday, October 14 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
David Brooks, a New York Times political and cultural columnist and a commentator on PBS NewsHour, discusses his career and the 2012 presidential election.
- Friday, October 16 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Bill speaks with Teddy Abrams, the music director of the Louisville Orchestra.
- Sunday, October 18 at 9:30/8:30 am CT on KETKY
- Sunday night, October 18 at 12:30/11:30 pm CT on KET
- Monday, October 19 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY
Bill speaks with architect Stephen Chung, host of the PBS series Cool Spaces!
- Tuesday, October 20 at 10:00/9:00 am CT on KETKY