a KET call-in program: aired August 7, 2001
Kentucky Education Organizations
Articles and Advice
- Engaging Families in Academic Improvement, from the Family Involvement Network of Educators, or FINE, features online publications to help parents understand standards-based education.
- Parent and family involvement from the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory includes audio and text interviews on the subject.
- Parental involvement in schools from the U.S. Department of Education, part of its report The Condition of Education 2000, has statistics on who is volunteering in schools and what theyre doing.
- Schools check backgrounds of volunteers Lexington Herald-Leader, August 27, 2000
- School helpers may face checksbill for background on volunteers The Cincinnati Enquirer, Kentucky edition, November 6, 1999
- Mentoring tips from Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Tristate (Kentucky/Ohio/West Virginia)
Related KET productions:
Help Wanted: Volunteers in Schools
Understanding Your Childs CATS Assessment