Silver Screen Soiree
Summer Celebration 2013 Was a Blockbuster!
A record cast of 1,214 joined us on the red carpet on June 7 for KETís 25th/silver anniversary Summer Celebration—a salute to the silver screen.
This blockbuster event took us back to the golden era of Hollywood with limos and lights, Oscar on ice, a pristine horse farm set, 390 “reel” auction treasures and the brassy sounds of the Jimmy Church Band.
Spotted along the star-studded Walk of Fame were past event chairs and costumed characters including The Godfather, Indiana Jones, Cleopatra, and Marilyn Monroe. But what made the “Silver Screen Soiree” truly special was the participation and support of our donors and volunteers.
Hosts Mira and Don Ball and special guest Josh Hopkins of Cougar Town join KET in thanking you for making this yearís event the most successful yet. Contributions reached an all-time high $275,214 to advance KETís impact. All Summer Celebrations together have raised a grand total of $3.7 million to benefit Kentuckyís families, classrooms, and communities.
Just like in the movies, magic happens every day on KET—thanks to your support. Serving five million home viewers and every school in Kentucky each day, KET is the nationís largest public television network. KET also is the stateís largest classroom, town hall, performance stage, history and science center, nature preserve, and so much more—only with your help. Thank you for believing in what television can and should be.
Summer Celebration is a tribute to the many donors and volunteers whose support through the years enables KET to better serve the people of the Commonwealth. Thank you for your trust, and for helping KET advance education, citizenship, culture and lifetime achievement for all of Kentuckyís citizens.
For photo highlights:
Our flickr page
Photographer Neil Sulier's Summer Celebration photos
Topsinlex.com's photo page
And SAVE THE DATE for KETís 26th annual Summer Celebration on June 6, 2014.
|Brotherton Brown Group at
|Ann and Terry McBrayer|
• Ball Homes. LLC • Bank of the Bluegrass Asset Management
• Baptist Health Lexington • Columbia Gas of Kentucky, Inc.
• ExecuTrain • John & Donna Hall • Harp Enterprises
• Harrod Conrete & Stone Co. • Kentucky League of Cities
• LG&E and KU Energy, LLC • McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie & Kirkland
• PNC Bank • Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky
• Turner Development • Union College • University of Kentucky
Walk of Fame - Past Event Chairs
- Elise Boyd
- Linda Breathitt
- Coach Rich and Karen Brooks
- Coach John and Ellen Calipari
- Rusty Cheuvront
- Gov. Martha Layne Collins
- The late Dr. C. Vernon Cooper
- Coach Bill and Carolyn Curry
- The Hon. Robert W. and Jane Dyche, III
- Bobbie Engle
- Carol Gardner
- Mayor Jim Gray
- Donna S. Hall
- Melanie Glasscock Simpson-Halpin
- Charles R. and the late Joy Hembree
- Buck Hinkle
- Joy Hinkle
- The late Lucille Caudill Little
- Dr. Pearse and Deirdre Lyons
- Terry and Ann McBrayer
- Patricia McLynch
- Patty Ramsey
- Susan Ridenour
- Isabel and the late E. Wilson Yates