Electronic Field Trip to the Belle of Louisville
- Airing on KET KY:
- Check out our broadcast schedule.
Welcome to the Belle of Louisville! Come take a cruise with us on this very special boat. She is the oldest Mississippi River-style steamboat operating today! Appointed to the National Historic Register, the Belle still uses her original equipment, most of which dates back to 1914.
On this Web site, you can:
- Watch the video that takes viewers on an exciting fun-filled cruise while explaining the history of river transportation and this unique boat.
- Virtually explore various areas of the boat.
- See an animated explanation of how the Belle's steam system propels her.
- View a timeline of steam transportation and Belle history.
- Learn about steamboat careers and practice their special vocabulary.
- Test your knowledge by playing the “How Well Do You Know the Belle?” game!